OUR GREEN STORY
With over 125 years of manufacturing experience, York has been involved with environmental protection since the 1970’s and the inception of the EPA and The Clean Waters Act.
From hospitality and health care to corporate and retail sectors, York Contract wallcoverings meet the industry’s highest standards for durability, performance, sustainability and indoor air quality without compromise to beauty and artistry.
York commercial products are created with low VOC, water-based inks. York Type II commercial vinyl is cleanable with bleach solutions as outlined by the CDC recommendations for disinfecting walls.
York is certified and participates in the following programs dedicated to environmental stewardship.
- York commercial grade vinyl meets California Department of Health Services 01350 indoor air quality requirements for office and school interiors.
- York Wallcoverings is a member of the US Green Building Council
- York Wallcoverings participates in the EPA Waste Wise Program
- York commercial grade vinyl contains attributes to contribute towards LEED building certification
- York commercial grade vinyl is certified to NSF/ANSI 342 Sustainability Assessment for Wallcovering Products
- York has industry average, ISO 14025, third-party certified Environmental Product Declarations (EPDs) for our commercial grade vinyl products.
Click the below links to view and download the documents:
|Environmental Commitment||CAL 01350 Certificate of Compliance||Reclamation Project|
|ANSI / NSF342 Wallcovering Sustainability Standard||Eco Decor||USGBC|